The Top Five Ways to Simplify Your Website Design
If your currently a website design or considering hiring a web designer to promote your business on the web – you may want to consider the following list for making the most impact for your marketing dollar.
- Focus only the absolutely essential elements. Believe it or not, your customers are not all that interested in a photo collage of your kids in the tub.
- If you’ve got a photo collage of your kids in the tub, get rid of it and keep only those elements that reinforce your marketing message. If you’re message is you’re the cheapest plumber in town – then everything on your site should communicate that.
- Thin out the herd. That’s right – if you’ve got a site with ten pages chances are pretty good it’s too big. Your customers want to know what you do, how much you do it for, and how to get in touch with you. Lose everything else.
- Get your call to action above the fold. Better yet – get your call to action in the path of your audience. If you’re new to the concept of visual paths – google it. Give your audience a quick, easy to find way of contacting you without clicking though a ‘contact us’ page.
- Simplify your website’s color palette. Using lots of color with drive your visitors crazy – and probably hurt their eyes. Use color as an accent to emphasize content or a call to action. Anything else is just asking people to shield their eyes.