Top Five Tips When Using QR Codes
- Smartphones will most certainly be the only device used to scan the QR code so it’s a good idea that wherever you decide to drive traffic – it’s smartphone compatible.
The whole code will need to be scanned so before you create a 10-foot square QR code for a window display be sure your audience will not have to stand in the middle of a busy street to scan the code.
- Test the image before producing your QR code – that means using various apps and looking for consistent results.
Currently, the demographics of consumers scanning these codes are mostly men ages 16-35. That’s not a diverse audience so take that into consideration before applying QR codes to a beauty salon ad.
- Be sure that wherever the code is being displayed – there’s internet access. Applying a QR code to a dairy farm truck in rural Alabama is probably not going to get much action.
- Wherever you decide to land consumers – be sure to add some sort of tracking i.e. Google Analytics. Some QR code generators re-direct traffic through their sites and offer tracking. Check it out before frustrating your audience.
- QR codes are still fairly new so it’s important to educate your audience why they are used. Adding a call to action is always a great idea.